Monday, March 7, 2011

D.C. & APRS

The family and I went back to the Washington D.C. area this weekend to visit my best friend John KJ4KRU. John is recovering from injuries sustained in Afghanistan at the National Naval Medical Center.

The trip is 6 hours one way but with the family and 2M APRS it goes by quickly. I have used my VX-8R many times to send out my position information. The rig works well at 5W. I am still learning about APRS and how the system works. It is a very intersting system. I do like the weather reports I get from stations along the route.

I did not receive any APRS messages which I hoped for this trip. I am curious about how the process works and would like to see how well the radio performs in that capacity. Maybe the next trip I can score a couple of messages and try sending a message back.

72,
Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment

W6EOD

W6EOD
Water falls near Gotemba, Japan

Followers