Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Busy...

Work has been really busy as of late. We are coming into the home stretch on our preparation for the annual EOD memorial. It is a very nice ceremony that celebrates the life of our fallen EOD warriors. More info can be found here http://www.eodmemorial.org/.

I have been working my way through the PFR-3 build. I have completed all steps through the Smoke Test 2. I have not conducted the Smoke Test 2 yet, so results will be forthcoming. I can't wait to get this rig on the air!

A good friend of mine recently tested for his Amateur Radio license. He passed it on the first try. His name is John KJ4KRU. Look for him on the air as he is most interested in CW. I am helping him to learn the code and hopefully will have him on 40m soon.

I've got 3 other guys that I work with that are going to take their test on May 9th at the Playground ARC in Ft. Walton Beach, FL. With any luck they'll make it without any problems. More info on the exam session can be found at http://www.w4zbb.org/. I'll post a report on how the exam session went.

I'm going to try and get out this weekend with the kids. We have had a lot of rain lately. If the rivers have dropped I will probably take them to the Blackwater. Of course I'll take along a radio and try to make a few contacts.

72
Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment

W6EOD

W6EOD
Water falls near Gotemba, Japan

Followers