Monday, June 22, 2009

101F & 81% Humidity!!!

The title of the post says it all! I have not had the desire to get out and do any QRP/p operations. The weather has been crazy hot with no relief in sight. It's odd even for NW Florida because we don't have this type of weather until late July time frame.

Field Day is this Saturday and I'm really looking forward to it. I will be joining the South Alabama Radio Club http://www.wc4m.net/. As of right now I will be the only CW operator. I plan on taking the night shift on Saturday night. This will allow for a nice and quiet time to operate. Plus I'll be able to hit 40 & 80 hard! One of the other benefits is that it won't be nearly as hot as during the daylight hours. I will have pictures and a full report to post once I get home on Sunday.

Both Mike KJ4LZD & John KJ4KRU are on the air! It's been great helping them setup their gear and hearing them enjoying the local repeaters. I have three other friends that I work with that are looking to take their exams here shortly. Furthermore my farther in law is almost ready to test! He lives in Oregon and I know from experience that some of the best repeater activity in the States is in the Willamette Valley, which is where is is located. 70-90 mile repeater contacts are normal in that area. I'll have a full report once we get him licensed.

Keep those radios one the air and hope to work you soon. 72

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment

W6EOD

W6EOD
Water falls near Gotemba, Japan

Followers